Waking up early has many benefits, that most people are aware of.
For me, the biggest benefit is the increased productivity - I get so much more done in the morning, the motivation is there 100%! Another massive benefit is having the time; the time for exercise, for nice food, for family for anything you want to do. Not to be forgotten, is the mindset, it makes you feel ahead of everyone else. The morning is so quiet, you can roam around admiring without anyone around. It's a great feeling.
However, these benefits are only noticed when you actually get up early. This can be hard to start, and hard to keep doing. Being a person who wakes at 5AM, here are my top tips for waking up early.
- Go to sleep earlier, aim to get around 7-8 hours.
- Put your alarm on the other side of the room.
- Don’t snooze that alarm!
- Get out of bed as soon as the alarm rings.
- Know why you’re waking up early. Is it Work? Exercise? A personal project?
- Know what you are going to do in the morning. Write it down or mentally engrave it.
- Get excited about the prospect of waking up early, feel proud.
- Make it a habit. It’s hard, but it gets easier, and it’s worth it. You'll notice after around 20 days it will be significantly easier and after around 60, it will be automatic.
- Do some kind of exercise in the morning. Get those juices going. Do some yoga, press-ups or pull-ups. Go for a run or a bike ride. Anything to get moving. You won't regret it.
- Enjoy. Enjoy the process. Reward yourself; have a nice breakfast, a look at the sunrise, more time with your family.
BONUS: 11. Make it social, tweet me at @atbInspired about your progress. Tell someone every time you wake up. I welcome all messages, especially of your progress!
Set a rule: Tweet me when you get up, every day until the habit starts forming. That way you will feel a commitment to waking up early because if you don't tweet, I'll know!
Following these steps, you should be right on your way to getting up at 5AM tomorrow morning! These tips aren't going to do all the work though. That's for you. The motivational videos and music on this site will really motivate you and make you want to do it. Get into the winners mindset. Establish your goals. Achieve your goals.